Tuesday, April 19, 2011

How do I get help with discounted health insurance?

I'm close to the poverty line...I'm a full-time student and work full time, but my job's insurance cost more than half my paycheck! Is there government aid for someone like me? Or is our system only gonna help immigrants and pregnant women? I'm a female u.s citizen and I'm 25.
--------------------
If you are in college, you may want to check out health insurance programs that are written through your school. United Healthcare has a plan available at many US schools. These student injury and illness plans provide wide ranging coverage and are designed to be more affordable than an individual policy. To check if your school is participating, go to www.UHCSR.com and enter your school name at the prompt. Even if your school is not contracted with United Healthcare, you may become eligible be joining the ACSA (American College Student Association) for a minimal fee, and take advantage of the plan that covers college students across the US. If you don't find your school listed, type in ACSA and view the benefits available to their members.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment