Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Can a pregnant woman get health insurance with no residency?

I recently found out I am 7 weeks pregnant, and my I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status) is pending. I am extremely worried as I have heard that it is difficult to get insurance once you are already pregnant and on top of that you cannot get insurance without your residency granted. Is there anyone who will insure me? I want to have my baby in a hospital with proper medical care available. My residency will not be approved until October and my baby is due in November! Please help.
--------------------
you can probably get on medicaid on a pregnancy only basis. even if you think you make too much money. they can do it just because you are pregnant. i made too much money to qualify for any govt. assistance, but because i was pregnant with no insurance they granted it for pregnancy only. and it covered up to my 6 week postpartum visit. residency should not matter...i had just moved when i found out i was pregnant. i live in tx. good luck. hope this helps
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment