Tuesday, April 5, 2011

does this sound like a reasonable deal on health insurance?

I am 24, so I am too old to be on my mom's health insurance plan, but I am also a graduate student, so I don't have a full-time job, so I can't get insurance through my job. I recently found a plan for about $180 a month and a $500 deductible, $20 copay for doctor visits, etc. Does this sound like a reasonable deal? It seems expensive to me, but I know that individual health insurance is through the roof these days.
--------------------
What you pay for health insurance is based on age, for someone your age the individual situation doesn't make too much difference. $180 sounds about right to me, I'm 43 and have a 17 year old son, I pay $632 per month for about the same deal you've got.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment