Sunday, April 3, 2011

Can I sue a health insurance company?

I have a Blue Cross PPO through a Cobra company called Conexis. I have the family plan, which covers myself, my wife and my child. I have paid each bill very timely and I am in good status until 7/31/07. Yet I am literally pulling my hair out and stressing since we keep getting EOB's / Doctor's bills saying we are not covered since our insurance is terminated (which, obviously can't be right). I went to a pharmacy today to get a prescription filled and they said it was terminated. I have an online screen-shot of my Cobra status that says I am paid and covered. It has literally eaten me alive because there is some medication that I can't afford without the insurance, but if I don't take it, I have health problems. This shouldn't be happening and I want to start a lawsuit against the company? This whole scenario has put me and my family in unneeded distress. Is this possible?
--------------------
Definitely call Conexis and tell them they need to fix this FAST! If they don't do anything soon, I would contact a lawyer that deals with health insurance companies. Maybe if they're threatened with a little legal action, they'll fix the paperwork faster. good luck and try not to stress!!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment