Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What are medical reasons that health insurance would cover a breast reduction?

I want to have my breasts reduced but I am not certain what would be a medically acceptable reason that is covered by insurance. I am also wondering if you have to be a certain size??
--------------------
You do not need to be a certain size, but insurance companies will approve surgery if a certain amount is removed. For example, my company said they would cover it if 600 total was removed. I ended up having over 2000 total removed so I was covered. MY insurance co paid 100%. Some will only pay 80%, or 75%, etc. http://www.breasthealthonline.com has TONS of information for you. Register and check out their FAQ section (as well as insurance section and support section)!!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment