Tuesday, March 15, 2011

health insurance, my dad didn't pay the bill on time, can I still go to my appointment tomorrow?

I just switched health insurance providers and my dad said he would pay for it; he tried to set it up for direct with drawl and it didn't come out of his account this past month; I have an appointment that I bent over backwards for and now I don't know if my doctor will even see me... What do you think may happen?
--------------------
Have you tried calling your insurance company? All insurance companies have a grace period for making payments. It's likely you are still covered, if you are in the grace period. However, you will probably need to make assurances when you call your insurance company that payment is on the way. You will then need to have your father write a check to the insurance company, and ASAP. As long as the insurance company believes a check is coming, they will likely not cut you off. They are in the business to make money, and they don't make money by cutting off the policy holder (and their money) too quickly.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment