Tuesday, March 15, 2011

How to get health insurance with the new bill?

Last time I went to get insurance the cost was outrages, and the government said my family made to much for me to get it free, but my mother didn't make enough so she got it free. Now I'm 18 and still a depended, are they only allowed to charge me an amount I can pay, despite having pre-existing condition? That I hope to correct right away with the insurance?
--------------------
Well, first of all, it's not going to go "into effect" for at least three more years. That's written into it. But we'd start paying TAXES for it right away. Next, it's not a LAW yet - it has to pass the senate, AND be signed by the president. Lastly, the DETAILS on the plan flat out haven't been decided yet. So how much you can be charged, is "to be determined". And they have three more years to figure that out - but I'm half expecting them to renege, after three years of heavy taxes to pay for it, and repeal it before it goes into effect.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment