Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Is health insurance worth the money?

I have been with Bupa health insurance for years but have never used them. I'm 21, Do you think I'm to young to need insurance as I will most likely not need any untill I'm in my 40s. Is it a wast of money? Its only £52 a month so not to expensive but I suppose I could spend the money on things I enjoy. What do you think.
--------------------
My personal opinion is that you paying far too much if you are only 21 years old. If you shop around you will probably find the same level of cover or better for less than £30 per month at your age. With regards to Health Insurance, Is it worth it, my answer would have to be yes. Ofcourse nobody ever wants to claim but if you do you will be very glad that you have the cover in place. Health insurance is designed to treat short term acute illness and give you fast access to medical attention. The NHS is there for all accident and emergency and long term/chronic conditions. I had health insurance in place when i was your age and thought exactly the way you do but my father made me get it out as i worked for myself. If something happened to me i would require fast treatment and get back to work. I used it twice in my twenties for problems that came completely out of the blue, and i was extremely grateful that i has health insurance in place. If i did not i would of been on the mercy of the NHS and who knows how long it would of taken. If you want some good advice and maybe a new quote, check out http://www.privatehealthservice.co.uk as they are very helpful. Good luck.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment