Saturday, February 12, 2011

I need to get my tonsils removed but I have not health insurance?

My tonsils are killing me. It hurts to do pretty much everything. I want to get them removed but there is only one problem. I have no health insurance and neither do my parents. Can anyone offer some advice on how to go about getting them removed. I looked up the average price of a surgery and it runs about $3000. I don't have that kinda of money just lying around. Please help!!!
--------------------
Check into public hospitals. This happened to my cousin, with no insurance, and he got his out with no fee whatsoever. He did have to wait a few months, but it worked. Public hospitals here have health plans for people with no insurance. Once you qualify, you don't pay anything, except for prescriptions, nothing for procedures or office visits. Also find out if the county where you live has some kind of assistance. Sometimes teaching hospitals will help also. Care Credit is a credit card company for health needs.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment