Monday, January 24, 2011

What to do if you can't afford health insurance?

I cannot get health insurance at my work so I have been paying out of pocket for an individual PPO Policy with Blue Cross. Every year the premium goes up so I raise my deductible. I now have a high deductible and the premium has gone up so high I can't afford it. I have pre-existing conditions and can't change companies either. What do I do?? I can't afford to not have insurance but I can't afford to have insurance either.
--------------------
There are many people who find themselves in the same situation. I would suggest that you contact your agent or Blue Cross directly and ask them if they have a high deductible health plan that would qualify you for a Health Savings Account. Since you have a high deductible already, you might as well take advantage of the tax advantages of a Health Savings Account. The plans that BC/BS sells in CT also show a savings in premium when the plan is HSA-qualified.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment