Monday, January 24, 2011

how long can i be with out health insurance if i lose my job & have a prexisting conditing & get another job ?

I will be losing my health insurance soon cause my employment is being sold off . How long do i have to get me another job with health benifites that takes my preexisting condition . ( M.S ) ? How does group health & all that work ? Does group health have to take my preexisting condition ? Thanks !
--------------------
Check with your employer and see if they will be offering COBRA. Since there must be a similar policy for active employees for COBRA to be offered, I'm not sure in this case. Here is a good site for more info: http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/faqs/faq_consume… If they are not going to offer COBRA-federal law says that your new employer (if they offer health insurance) must cover you without a pre-existing clause if the break in coverage has been no longer than 63 days. Here is the site that can probably answer more of your question: http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/faqs/faq_consume… Good luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment