Monday, January 24, 2011

What is the best type of post-college/pre-job health insurance?

I just graduated from college and will go off of my parents' health insurance at the end of May. I do not have a job yet, so I'm looking for an independent policy. I am healthy, have no risk factors (smoking/drinking/previous illness), and I'm about to be 22 years old. Please, only answer if you have personal experience. I don't want random internet searches, I can do those myself.
--------------------
Go to www.ShortTermHealthPlan.com You can get quotes, apply online, and print out your policy on the spot. An average, healthy college student would probably want the Secure STM. It is by an "A" rated carrier, and in most states offers unlimited rewrites, in case you still need it next year. It also comes with discounts on things not typically covered by other STM plans, including discounts on vision, dental, and prescriptions. Additionally, it has very liberal height and weight requirements. There are also plans available at that sight for people who have a hard time finding health insurance, because of things like type 2 diabetes, DUI's, or if they have been declined for health insurance in the past.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment