Friday, January 21, 2011

Trying to find the best health insurance?

I am 7 weeks pregnant and I am trying to find cheap health insurance. I live in NM. I just need a plan that will cover my ultrasounds, doctor appointments the birth and medicine. My job sucks as I am making 2.25 an hour. I am also in the military but I am in the reserves so I am not eligible for tri care. any ideas? also i cant afford a high deductible. and medicare is not an option.
--------------------
No, Medicare is not an option because Medicare does not cover maternity. However, Medicaid may be an option. Here is their website for more information: http://www.hsd.state.nm.us/ Since there are no individual policies at any price that will accept anyone that is already pregnant your only other option would be to get a job that has health benefits. Group policies cannot exclude maternity as a pre-existing condition.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment