Friday, January 21, 2011

My ex used my health insurance for a few years after our divorce. Do I have any liability for her actions?

my ex used my health insurance provided through my work for a few years. My attorney send her letter and give her 30 days to get her own insurance. Do i have any liability here? Or, is it just her who is responsible for using my insurance knowing that we are divorced.
--------------------
Every job I've ever had required you to fill out a 'change of status' when you married, divorced, added a kid to the household, etc with regard to company provided benefits. If you didn't notify your insurance carrier that you were divorced and she should no longer be on the policy, then it could well fall to you to be responsible for any outlay the insurance company had after the divorce was final. It was your job to let the appropriate persons know you were no longer married and thus your now ex-wife should no longer benefit from your benefits.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment