Friday, January 21, 2011

It is mandatory for me to get health insurance?

I am living in British Columbia, Canada. I just found out that I am required by law to get the health insurance that the government provides. What happens if I don't want to get it? Will they send me to jail? Will they give me a fine?
--------------------
No but they could technically garnishee your wages and it can create problems if you require health care. The cost of the insurance is minimal compared to what a single visit to a doctor or hospital would cost. Although it does not cost anywhere near what it does in the US costs are going up and a hospital stay could easily cost you more than the annual cost of medical insurance. There are supplements for low income individuals and people on welfare are covered by the government.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment