Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Health Insurance?

Ok im 20 yrs old...I have really bad asthma and allergies. When I turned 18 I lost my health insurance because I was on my mom's. But now I can go to the doctors to get my inhailer filled....does anyone have any Idea where or how i can get health insurance for cheap..or some how go to the doctors without paying hundreds??
--------------------
~~You can contact your local health department and ask for references to any low cost medical facilities. Secondly, if you do stay with a regular general practitioner, ask for at least a 20 percent discount since you are not insured. The office staff does not have to handle any claims and paperwork for you, so they are usually willing to give you the discount. Hopefully there will be low cost clinics available to you. Also, talk to your pharmacist if paying for your meds is a hardship. Most pharmaceutical companies have help for life saving medication at a much lower costs for those who qualify. Your pharmacist can help you get the forms you need. Best of luck and take care!~~
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment