Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Health Insurance?

My mom broke her abkle in three places and had to get three pins put into her ankle. This was over 10 yrs ago, needless to say alot has happened since then. Including divorce loss of job having to live with relatives etc, I have been under the impression for years that my mother had these pins removed years ago, but I have recently found out that she never had them removed because she has been without insurance for many years. This ankle now pains her and she cannot standup for long periods of time, and a dark mark has begun to appear on her ankle. I live in Savannha Ga and I was wondering if anyone has any suggetions on where my mom could go to have someone look at it, even though she does not have health insurance. She has a low income and is 55 years old. I am worried.
--------------------
yeah, your local county offices should have the resources she needs to get to the doctor. Also, any clinic and hospital will allow for a payment plan to be worked out for patients with no insurance. Also, they lower the price EXTREEMLY when this is the case, and will work with you to either soak up some costs or make the plan for payment. If she had insurance coverage when she broke her foot......(even if they dropped it right after that)....she would have still been covered under that insurance as a pre-existing condition. Therfore, the insurance that was available at the time of the first visite, would have been responsible. 10 years later.....NOPE.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment