Sunday, December 19, 2010

Where do self-employed people go to get health insurance?

I'm in California, if that helps. I know it's a funny time to be asking about health insurance-recent news and all-but I suddenly think I should have it and didn't realize it was tax deductible, to boot. Haven't had any since 2001 when employed by a company. Any suggestions appreciated. P.S. When I phone shopped for some a couple of years ago the prices seemed crazy exorbitant!
--------------------
You can check with your other providers and see if they offer health options, look for local brokers - many work with sole proprietors and on line. I personally carry Blue Cross Blue Shield and I believe they are also in Calif. The premiums can be high but check with your accountant - they can also be legitimate business expense.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment