Sunday, December 19, 2010

Am I paying too much for health insurance?

My wife and I are both 23 and we have 2 kids who are ages 2 and 3. We are all very healthy and I am curious if I am paying too much for my health insurance. I am currently paying $556 monthly for health, and vision. This insurance is through my employer and I still have deductibles and co-pays. Can someone advise me on this? I don't really know anything about insurance. We live in Salt Lake City, and we aren't planning on any more kids.
--------------------
Is that a total of $556 per month for all four of you ($139 per person) or $556 per person each month ($2224 total). For insurance through an employer, anything less than $200 per person per month is very low. The total cost is usually over $400 per person, so the employer must be paying the bulk of it for your family.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment