Sunday, December 19, 2010

Trying to conceive and want to know about health insurance?

We are going to be trying to conceive soon, and I wanted to know what options I have available to me. I don't have health insurance right now, and know that a pregnancy will be expensive..so what are my options? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
--------------------
I don't have health insurance either and my husband and I are still trying to conceive. I work for a small company and my boss can't offer me insurance. I've looked for about 2 years for affordable coverage and the maternity coverage I did find was terrible. Even with the cheapest company I found I figured we would still end up paying a minimum of $8,000 out of pocket WITH insurance. AND that's only if we conceived the first month we started trying. It's also a requirement that we pay for maternity coverage three months before conceiving, which I think is ridiculous. So for every month we don't get pregnant we'd be throwing money down the toilet. We finally decided were just going to use planned parenthood for all our prenatal care and pay for the delivery out of pocket. They took care of me with my birth control prescription when I lost my insurance after I graduated college. They do everything except the actual delivery and even then they work with hospitals to get us a good deal. Good Luck - Baby dust to us both! TTC w/ #1
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment