Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Whats a good cheap health insurance for a college student needing ADD medicine with a min wage job?

Like I said I only have a min wage job, and I completely support myself. I desperately need ADD meds, but I have NO health insurance. I need to be able to afford the health insurance too. I am a college student. I make about 300 every two weeks. any suggestions on what I should do?
--------------------
There is no such thing as a good and cheap health insurance policy. With health insurance you get what you pay for. Also, with ADD you may have trouble finding a company that will accept you. Some companies will accept if you are on one med and the ADD is controlled. Most will decline or rider the ADD or will increase the premium if you are taking more than one med. If you have any other pre-existing conditions it will be even harder to find a policy. You should first check with the school. Most colleges have a student plan available for a reasonable premium. If that doesn't work find a local agent that works with all the major companies in your area. The agent can find the plans that will accept you if there are any. There is no extra charge using an agent. You should also check your states Medicaid website to see if you qualify for Medicaid.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment