Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Am I eligible for pregnancy emergency medicaid eventhogh I have valid health insurance?

I am in the last month of my pregnancy. My status is a legal nonimmigrant alien, my husband just got job, although it pays very small it gives health insurance for the family with $200 copay for labor/birth. We think that we need to have support for post natal supplies and needs for the baby. Do you think we can still receive and uses emergency medicaid for labor/birth with 1 year postnatal support? Your oppinion, info and experience are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
--------------------
Try WIC. Also speak to the hospital where you are having the baby many hospital have a payment plan. Otherwise they will expect the money before you go into hospital. When I had go into hospital to deliver I had to go in about week before my due date and pay the copay in full which for me was $250. If you didn't have insurance you would have to pay $8,000 for a natural birth and $15,000+ for a c-section. So when you look at that $200 is nothing! Also look at getting a health care 'visa ' card. (for health care/prescription only) This is where your husband employers would take out a set agreed amount out of his wages each month (tax free) so it will help pay for large expenses like this. With regard to diapers and milk sign up on line for most of these companies will send you free samples and tons of coupons. For clothes try second hand store, in my area they have 'Once upon a child'. Or clearance in large stores. Health check/wellness visit at the doctor is covered by the insurance, I do not have to pay for any wellness visits for my child.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment