Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Is the pill covered by health insurance?

I need to get a prescription to the birth control pill without my parents finding out. I understand its about $30 a month. Is this covered by health insurance, or do I just pay $30 each month when I go to refill my prescription? Will my parents know if they are paying for it?
--------------------
Not sure about all insurance's but mine did not cover it. However when anything is billed I recieve a billing statement to show what was trying to be billed. In this case, I would assume your parents would get a billing statement whether or not it is covered if they try to bill, or if you go to the doctor. You may be able to get some trial packs from your doctor or a free clinic, but that would not be permanent.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment