Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Is it a good idea to try to have a baby without any health insurance?

My husband and I are wanting to have a baby and neither one of us have health insurance. My mother is worried because she is afraid that we will go in debt if we try to have a baby now without any type of insurance. I really think that her worrying has been preventing us from getting pregnant. Is there something that I can tell her, and myself, to reasure her that it's okay, that there are other options out there?
--------------------
Many people think they can manage it without insurance. But what if you have a complicated pregnancy that results in your being on hospitalized bed rest for 3 months? Can you afford to take that risk of incurring upwards of hundreds of thousands of dollars in hospital costs? If insurance is available to you, get it. If not, look into getting maternal medicaid through your local county human services department.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment