Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Can an employer renegade on promised health insurance?

My employer pomised me health insurance (that is the only reason I accepted this lousy job) and after three months (when I am suppose to become eligible) She is denying me coverage "due to unforseen expenses", do I have any recourse? I am very aware that employers do not have to provide health insurance, but me accepting this job was only contingent upon that fact.
--------------------
do you have a contract? do you have a signed offer that shows you accepted contingent on health coverage? YES the employer can change their policy on fringe benefits, your recourse is accept this, quit or prove that you are being denied benefits contrary to the employers policy based "solely" on your being part of a protected group. EDIT: do realize an "offer" even in writing is not binding and is only an offer but..... having this may help if you had no other option but to quit and you were trying to qualify for unemployment insurance. (a significant change in employment conditions is considered cause to quit a job in most states)
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment