Thursday, December 23, 2010

If I get employer-provided health insurance, will I still have any freedom to choose what kind I want?

Say that I get a job, and one of my benefits as an employee is health insurance. Does this mean that I either have to (1) accept the employer's health insurance unconditionally or (2) refuse and find an insurance company to get health insurance from OR, are people able to negotiate what kind of insurance they want with their employers? Or do some companies allow negotiation and others don't? I don't get it. Does accepting employer-provided health insurance mean you lose freedom to choose or something? Thanks.
--------------------
Employers will get rid of the expense and let the government take it from you in increased taxes and decreased levels of service. It makes no business sense to pay for private insurance and for public insurance at the same time. Since government insurance is going to be mandatory, then business will simply stop paying for the private stuff. Ultimately, it is money that your employer will not be able to give to you to do as you choose. The healthy will pay for the sickly.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment