Thursday, November 25, 2010

Why do I need UIM insurance for bodily harm if I have health insurance?

I don't get the point. If I havve health insurance, what's the point in buying uninsured motorist insurance against bodily harm? Seems like I'm paying double for the same thing.
--------------------
UIM or underinsured motorist is for pain & suffering & lost wages & loss of daily function (stuff that health insurance does not pay) that happens to you when an at fault driver does not have enough liability insured to cover your injuries. Your medical insurance is fine but I am sure you have a deductible & copayments. Medical payments under a motorcycle policy usually does not & should be primary in an accident. The UIM is totally different than health insurance. I wouldn't go anywhere without it. Some states require it, mine does.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment