Thursday, November 25, 2010

What is your health insurance horror story?

Healthcare is in the news almost every day and obviously what we have a nation is not working. We recently tried to insure our seven year old (after we lost our group coverage) and found out that because of a pre-existing condition she was "uninsurable" by the insurance company that we had paid premiums to for all seven years of her life. What has been your worst experience with health insurance?
--------------------
Just the insurance for the working poor. I made one iota too much money to qualify... Having been laid off, getting a new job, being fired while sick, and finding out only one little week afterwards that I had a hormone illness making me tired, unable to concentrate, wildly moody, and near to organ failure. But my job that had promised insurance and failed to deliver, then fired me, left me without even the chance for COBRA. Well, I went bankrupt trying to pay the bills for my medical care and survival on Long Island, NY. God bless you all. I hope your daughter is OK and stays that way, at leat until this all (hopefully!!) changes.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment