Monday, November 8, 2010

What health insurance is recommended for someone leaving the military and going back to school.?

I want to get overlapping insurance now to be covered once I leave active duty in a month. The student health insurance is available, but I want to know if there are any better deals.
--------------------
The only way you can tell this for sure is to contact either individual insurance companies and compare rates or find a insurance clearing house, a one-stop shopping site on-line. When I was single and broke, an agent recommended that I get coverage for major hospitalization only, rather than purchasing an expensive comprehensive plan that covered doctors too. It worked out quite well for the year or so I had it, and paid for one hernia surgery. With overlapping coverage, it could be a mistake to over insure with a second policy, and expensive. Too often, when one insurance company finds you have another they can force you to use the other one. So it doesn't always pay. Good luck which ever you do.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment