Monday, November 8, 2010

Is there an employer sponsored health insurance plan for individuals?

I am currently under a foreign policy from my homecountry and I need to sign up for health insurance in the US. My employer is willing to sponser me. However, I am not eligible for a group plan because my only other coworker is insured thru his wife. Is there an individual policy out there that allows me to have the premium taken out of my paycheck pre-tax? Also, any hints on how get a good deal on health insurance without getting hundreds of calls from agents? I already turned my phone off.
--------------------
There are ways around it. Depending on what state you're in, and the nature of your business, you may be able to get group coverage for just you. The easiest way is to pick an independent agent have a sit down and work with him/her. Without the hundred phone calls? You're looking at spending time online, hunting through the carrier websites for contact information and calling up the companies to get a quote. That's really the only way to do it. The pre-tax deduction is most commonly referred to as a Section 125 POP, many carriers offer them alongside an insurance plan. You must set up the Section 125 in order to take advantage of the tax savings, however, otherwise you're SOL. If you're in California, feel free to contact me and I will be happy to walk you through how to make this happen.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment