Monday, November 8, 2010

How does auto liablility insurance work with health insurance at the hospital?

If I was in a car accident and my health insurance pays all but $2000 (lets say) of my medical bills and my car insurance has a 100,000 benefit for accidental injury while in my vehicle, does it really only pay out the $2,000? and does that money go right to the hospital? What if I want something that would pay me a lump sum to my home, like enough to replace my income while I can't work due to the injury?
--------------------
It depends on the laws of your state, what type of health plan you have (ERISA or private pay) and the type of coverage you have on your auto policy. If you want something that pays you a lump sum if you can't work...then speak to your agent about a disability policy of Aflac type of thing. You will have to pay separate premium for that.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment