Monday, November 8, 2010

How can I get health insurance if I am immigrating to the US?

I am a US citizen who has been living in Australia for 10 years. I now want to move back to the US with my husband and children. I've been told that we can't get insurance for 1 year. Healthcare is so expensive in the US - what if we're in a car accident or something? Does anyone know anything about getting health insurance for our family and my husband who will be immigrating? He'll have a green card, social security number and permanent residence. Thanks anyone who can help!
--------------------
If the kids are US citizens, they'll STILL qualify for the state children's health insurance program. So you'll want to apply for that RIGHT away. For car accidents, you can buy medical payments insurance coverage - and you'll want to max that out. Besides that, one of you is going to have to try to find a job, with benefits. Even if it's just evenings and weekends at Walmart, it would be worth it.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment