Sunday, August 21, 2011

What is the best option for personal health insurance?

I am recently coming to the end of my COBRA 18 month policy that I took after ending my last job. I am my own boss, and I am wondering how to go about seeing which providers would be a good fit. I currently have Blue Cross/ Blue Shield. Is there a way to keep the same policy and just pay a normal premium?
--------------------
ehealthinsurance is a good place to see what is available but don't buy from them unless you like talking to people in a call center. Call a local agent that works with all the major companies; you'll get the same rates, you'll get the same office each time you call and you'll get personalized service. Also, if you have any pre-existing conditions or are out of the normal height and weight guidelines the agent will be able to find the company that will accept you and that will have the best coverage for your situation. ehealth just submits your application and they don't worry if it gets declined.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment