Monday, August 22, 2011

I need help choosing between 3 different Aetna health insurance plans, can you help?

My plan chooses are Aetna PPO Max, PPO 15, and PPO 5. Also I live in KY if that helps
--------------------
The cheaper policy might have a higher deductable to be met each year. For example the cheapest policy at my work place, has a 2000 yearly deductable a 1500 a 500 The 500 one, I would pay more each month for, so that the deductable is lower. My dr is 25 per visit no matter which one. its more about hospital costs in my policy. The prescription coverage could be dif also. I chose to pay less each month, meaning for 25 to the Dr any service he can do in his office, i.e. blood work, xrays, treatements are all covered, if he sends me to another office, I pay for the services, and throughout the year until I spend 2000, I have no coverage, and the 25 office visits do not count in accumulation of the money I spend out of pocket to reach 2000. My prescriptions are a percentage I pay either 30/40/60 percent of the cost depending on if its a generic/brand or other type of prescription. If I wanted to spend 55 each pay period, I could get prescriptions for 3-6-9 dollars each, which is much cheaper, but wow, to spend 55 not knowing if I will get sick or need meds. Id rather have the omoney in my pocket. I can only say to choose the cheapest of the 3 and hope u dont get ill See if they use the urgent care clinics, I use them as a Dr option, they will do any xrays and treatments in their office and save me alot of money. The Dr I put as my primary I go to for services the urgent care doesnt do, certain shots, like the pneumonia vaccine, is only at my regular Drs office. Good luck on that, look at teh graph or chart that shows the coverages compared to get a better understanding. IF you are unlucky and get say cancer, or a bad injury, the most expensive ins would of been better to have, u have to choose what you can afford weekly though, dont go broke getting too expensive of coverage.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment