Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I am a soon to be mom without health insurance.?

I have not had health insurance for 3 yrs now. Till now it's not really been that big of a deal because I'm a very healthy person and was able to pay for all of ck ups @ the doc. but now I'm expecting & I'm not going to be able to pay in full for prental care,& birth delivery of a baby. I have not gone to the doc because I would like to get on health insurance first & I'm scared if I go to the doc first insurance will say it was a preexisting condidtion & not insure me. The baby's father says I should get on Medicaid but he makes $6000 a month, & we live together, so I'm scared that he makes too much money for me to get on Meicaid & we can't afford for me to have any kind of insurance that is expensive. What is the best thing for me to do?
--------------------
individual companies will not accept you. the drs office will work out a payment plan (if not, try other dr) & each month you'll pay certain amt ($200-300) the amount is based on your areas average cost for normal delivery- you'll need to work out plan w/hospital too. don't put off your care- it's not that uncommon to be w/out insurance
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment