Saturday, June 25, 2011

Ladies--Does your health insurance cover maternity? If so which company are you with?

My husband and I are about to start trying for a baby so I am researching our options as far as health insurance. The health insurance we have currently does not cover maternity. We would like to pay for it on our own instead of applying for Medicaid. Thanks.
--------------------
I have Blue Cross HMO and they have been great. I actually ended up miscarrying (sorry, I usually wouldn't mention it but it is kind of necessary to the explanation) but when I went to have labor induced they put me in one of the nicest hospitals and I stayed for 3 days. They covered my entire stay including all my meals. I did not have to pay anything even though the total came to over $6000. The care I received during my pregnancy was wonderful and all I ever had to pay for was the co-pay ($10 a visit, not bad). I would for sure recommend Blue Cross.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment