Sunday, May 1, 2011

If I move out would the health insurance be in my hands now?

That and car insurance? What will be put on me that my parents used to handle if I move out of the house?
--------------------
Will your parents still claim you as a dependent, or not? If you're over 19, still in college, and claimed as a dependent, your parents' health insurance will cover you. If you're over 19 and not in college, you have to pay for your own insurance. Obviously, if you're under 19, regardless of your schooling situation, you can be claimed as a dependent and covered on your parents' health insurance. With car insurance, no-matter what, you need to either have your own policy or, for an extra cost, be listed as an "occasional driver" on someone else's policy.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment