Sunday, May 1, 2011

How can I get health insurance for my wife, she doesnt have a ssn , she isnt a citizen of this country.?

My wife is a dialysis patient and is wanting to get a transplant but doesnt have the insurance to cover it. We live in the United States. I have attempted various insurance companies, they state that since she doesnt have a ssn that she cant be covered.
--------------------
Here are the rules about who can get a SSN and what is required: If you are not a U.S. citizen, Social Security must see your current U.S. immigration documents. Acceptable documents from the Department of Homeland Security include your: Form I-551 (includes machine-readable immigrant visa with your unexpired foreign passport); I-94 with your unexpired foreign passport; or Work permit card (I-766 or I-688B). And here's a link to all the rules: http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10120.html It sounds to me as if she could get one if she has one of above listed documents. Why not have her visit a local SS office and see about getting one?
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment