Sunday, May 1, 2011

I work at Brookshires and I wanted to know if I can put my mother in my health insurance plan?

Well my cuestion is if I can use my work insurance plan to cover my mother. I am not married yet, so I am paying just for my self. she is not ill, it's just in case she needs it. Thanks.
--------------------
I'd be extremely surprised if your mother would qualify as a dependent on your health insurance policy through your employer. You can ask, of course, but don't be surprised if the answer is no. Generally, the only people who might qualify as a dependent on an insurance policy would be a spouse, child, or stepchild. Some groups may allow you to add domestic partners and children you have legal guardianship of. Those are the basics though - any other relationship would be a rare exception.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment