Friday, April 8, 2011

What to do about health insurance while changing jobs?

I'm currently employed but will be leaving my current employment to go to another job. My question is, since the benefits with the new job don't start until three months after my hire date. My hours have been reduced, but our benefits have not been changed. What options do I have?
--------------------
If you pay for your benefits for the following month (many do, the payment you make in April, say, is for the coverage in May); then when you leave you would have 1 month that way. But for the other 2 months, that is tricky. To request single coverage for 2 months would probably be extremely expensive. Most people just are uninsured fpr 2 months & hope nothing happens. YOu can try contacting your carrier & talk to them.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment