Friday, April 8, 2011

Health Insurance Cover Skin Removal Surgery?

I was wondering does anyone know if Blue Cross Health Insurance covers loose skin removal surgery? I lost a lot of weight but now i have a lot of loose skin and it's really bugging me =/ I have been trying for about a year now to try to get rid of it but nothing seems to work =/ But i have heard that some insurances will cover this kind of surgery. Is this true? If it is what health insurance covers it? Thanks :D!
--------------------
I think its tough to get it covered and probably your only shot is if you can prove that its causing health problems...that is you're getting infections in the skin folds, etc. I'd go ahead and schedule a consult with a plastic surgeon...they're probably the ones who know how best to work the system. If its purely cosmetic and the extra skin isn't causing you any health problems you probably can't get it covered. Good luck!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment