Friday, April 8, 2011

can my husband put me on his health insurance?

im not working im a stay at home wife. I cook, i clean I do everything a wife should do, can my husband put me on his health insurance?
--------------------
He should be able to. I honestly don't know if there are any exceptions to this or not but as long as your not working and able to obtain health insurance through your own employer the answer should be yes. I haven't worked for a couple years but my last employer choose a health insurance company that would only cover a spouse if they were not able to obtain insurance through their own employer. Most likely your husband would have to pay the full cost of adding you to the policy. Some companies will cover the cost for an employee or if not the full cost they will pay a portion. Most will not pay for the coverage of family members. Laws in regard to insurance change frequently and they vary from place to place. Call your local insurance commissioner to find out for sure what the law is where you live. Usually it's cheaper to be added onto a spouses insurance because his company will have a group rate but not always. I suggest that you get some quotes from a few insurance companies to see what an individual policy would cost.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment