Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Do most health insurance companies go by date of conception for insurance coverage?

I read this somewhere when I was looking for independent health care insurance. I now have health insurance through my work, and coverage started on September 1st (I have United Healthcare through T-mobile, if that matters). I was trying to look up my coverage online, and it didn't say anything about not covering me depending on date of conception, but I did read somewhere before that a lot of health care insurances go by this (which I think would be really inaccurate and wrong, but that's just me....)
--------------------
Most (not all) insurance companies do not consider pregnancy a preexisting condition. I think this is what is would be talking about. Its too difficult to figure out the date of conception i dont believe they would use that date. Also if you have short term disability threw work see if they cover pregnancy. Mine does and will pay me around 50% of what i make, while i am on maternity leave. Congrats on your pregnancy!!
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment