Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Will my prescription show up on my parents' health insurance bill?

Okay, so I am still on my parents' health insurance, even though I am 22 years old. If I go to the doctor and get a prescription, like birth control or adderall, and it is covered by their insurance, will they be able to see that i am receiving the prescription and/or exactly what the medication is?
--------------------
Technically no. Your parents are not allowed to receive information about your healthcare without your written permission. And who cares? You're 22 and old enough to be getting whatever prescriptions you need. If you're that worried about it, call the insurance company and ask them what sort of information the policy holder will receive when you get a prescription. It should be nothing, because you have to pay the copay at the time you pick up the meds. Good luck.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment