Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Question about starting a business and health insurance in CA?

If I was to decide to start a small business on the side (doing gardening, or growing food for sale, or something like that) and I am my only employee - I would be THE only person working this job - am I required by law to buy health insurance (especially if I already have health insurance through my husband's job)? I find this new thing kind of confusing... I'm in California, by the way, if it helps any. Thanks.
--------------------
Not right now, no. Currently, you are not required by law to have health insurance. Starting in 2014, you will be required to have health insurance, so you will have to buy it if you are not still getting it through your husband's job. If you are still getting it through his job, then you will not have to buy it.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment