Thursday, February 17, 2011

How do I get a life, accident, & health insurance license.

I am starting as an independent contractor for a health insurance company and am not making any sense out of the license thing. Am I supposed to get a pre-license certificate and then get a license? I thought I could buy one of those license study books, study for the exam, then take the exam to get my license. Please somebody help me understand what exactly am I supposed to be doing. I'm frustrated. How do I get the friggin license. Thanks
--------------------
Where are you from. There are different regulations depending on where you are and what kind of insurance you will se. For Life and Accident and Sickness, in Alberta Canada, you have to write a pre-exam, pass that, then write the provincial exam and pass that. Each test is about 4 hours long. Once you have passed, you need to get a company that is licensed to sell in Alberta and have them sign for you as an agent. Once the paperwork is submitted, fees paid and approved you get your license. Then you have to get continuing education credits every year to keep your license.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment