Thursday, February 17, 2011

Family health insurance plan or individual health insurance plans for each person?

I am quoting health coverage in Kansas for my family since we do not get this from an employer. My agent suggested that each family member have a separate insurance plan instead of one family plan to cut costs. I have never heard of doing this? Any comments or suggestions? Thanks
--------------------
Usually, it would make more sense to have everyone one the same plan. However, I have heard of circumstances where some members of the family have a separate policy, because of one family member's health issue. The healthy family members can stay on a lower premium policy, while the family member with the health complication goes on their own policy. It really just depends on the circumstances involved. Make sure to get quotes for each scenario, so that you can make a fully informed decision.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment