Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Over 40 million people in this country have no health insurance because?

they can't afford it. So what does the government propose to do to help them? FORCE them to buy their own private health insurance or face massive fines. Excuse me, but I didn't need some faceless bureaucrat to tell me this, I could have done this myself. The whole reason we need health insurance reform in the first place is precisely because it is unaffordable- HELLO? This is just another SICKENING example of how clueless and out of touch politicians are with the average person. What do you think?
--------------------
Before I say anything let me just say this is not a bash against Capitalism. In fact I consider myself a bit of a capitalist but lets get one thing straight. With the current system in place the health insurance corporations primary responsibility is to its shareholders. Not to its patients. Not to any politicians. As with all corporations by what ever means necessary within the law and sometimes not they go to keep there businesses profitable and thus their shareholders happy. So the problem is (drumroll please) should healthcare be a for profit business. This my friends is where all the lines are drawn. You already know all the arguments. But ultimately these people have no insurance because the price of it has skyrocketed and indiviuals can't afford it and corporations don't wanna pay for it. No easy answer.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment