Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Health Insurance?

Hi At the present time I'm on a cobra converstion plan with one major carrier that is very expensive. I just applied and got accepted to a private insurance plan that is very good from a major company. I have a few concerns. I'm 284lbs and on the app I said I was 265 lbs On my insurance app I forgot to mention that I had back problems. however I did mention I had sleep apena issues. Everything else was truthfull. 1. My question is once I'm in can they throw me out of my insurance policy once I have been accepted. 2. My broker told me every year health insurance goes up which is true Can they rase me more than other people on the plan. My broker says no is that true?
--------------------
1. Yes, and if they pay the back bills, and find out that it's been a recurring problem, they can sue you for what they paid out. 2. Yes, in my experience every year it goes up. They can move you to whatever category you fit in - so if they do it by weight, they'll move you to the 284 category - but they don't have to wait for renewal. Although you're more likely to get cancelled for misrep than re-rated, the most likely situation is that they just don't pay for anything related to a pre-existing situation - like diabetes, back issues, etc.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment