Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It is mandatory for me to get health insurance?

I am living in British Columbia, Canada. I just found out that I am required by law to get the health insurance that the government provides. What happens if I don't want to get it? Will they send me to jail? Will they give me a fine?
--------------------
Why would anybody in their right mind not want health insurance? While the provincial healthcare system would still provide you with emergency care in he case of an accident or catastrophic illness, you'd not only continue to be billed for unpaid premiums (like the other answer said+interest on the unpaid balance and they will collect via either garnishment of your wages/seizure of any tax refunds or seizure of real property) but you'd also be on the hook for the expesne of whatever care you received as a result of the accident. Without MSP you can't even get in to see a Dr. for a routine appointment. Don't be stupid. Pay your premiums.
Source

No comments:

Post a Comment